6/17/2010

On Q gets a face-lift

The On Q blog has had the same design since 2007, and it's time for a change. The old design was good, but getting long in the tooth. And it was too cramped for the many images and videos I like to include in my posts.

Recently, Google updated Blogger with fresh templates and a new layout tool. These features were a long time coming, but kudos to Google for doing such a great job. It took me just minutes to choose and customize a clean new design for On Q. Better yet, I can quickly modify the layout to accommodate new types of content.

Of course, a pretty design doesn't mean a thing without content. To that end, I am continuing to work on new articles, including a story about a QNX-based system that ran 15 years nonstop until... oh hold on, that would give away the ending. Stay tuned: I hope to post the story next week.

Do you love or hate the new design? Either way, I'd love to hear what you think. And while you're at it, tell me what you think of the articles posted here. Is there anything you would change? Anything you'd like to see more of? I'm interested in all of your comments... especially the constructive ones. :-)

2 comments:

Malte said...

It scrolls slower now...

Paul N. Leroux said...

Hi Malte. That background image might be slowing the download time. Something I'll need to experiment with.